Here is a step by step guide on setting up your e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Firstly make sure you have the email account details – you will need them to complete this process.
- Start Outlook.
Use the Start menu to start Outlook 2016. If you’ve never used Outlook before, it will prompt you to create a new account.
If you’ve previously used Outlook and it doesn’t prompt you to add an account, click the File tab, then the Add Account button.
- The “Auto Account Setup” window appears.
When this window appears, leave the spaces empty, choose the Manual setup or additional server types option, then click Next.
- The “Choose Service” window appears.
Choose POP or IMAP, then click Next.
- The “POP and IMAP Account Settings” window appears.
This is the window where you’ll enter most of your account settings.
- “Your Name” is the name that other people will see when you send them e-mail. It should usually be your real name.
- “Email Address” is the address of the e-mailbox you created in your account management control panel.
- For “Account Type”, choose IMAP.
- Enter mail.yourDomainName.ext for both the “Incoming mail server” and “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)”.
- Enter your e-mail address again as the “User Name”. (The user name must be all lowercase).
- Type your e-mail password into the “Password” box. This is the password you chose for this e-mail address when you created the mailbox in your account management control panel. This password may be different from your master “My Account” password with our company.
- Make sure that “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” is not checked.
- Do not click “Test Account Settings” or “Next” yet; they will not work until you complete the next steps.
- View “More Settings”.
Click the More Settings button. A new “Internet E-mail Settings” window appears.
- Choose the “Outgoing Server” tab.
In the “Outgoing Server” tab, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and make sure “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is selected.
- Close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window.
- Click OK to close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window. The “Add New Account” window will still be visible.
- Test the settings.
Click Next. Outlook should tell you that “all tests completed successfully”
If Outlook tells you a test failed, double-check to be sure you’ve entered the settings correctly.
- Finish the wizard.
If the “Test Account Settings” window is still open, click Close to continue.
- Click Finish to finish the wizard.
Outlook setup is now complete