This guide explains how to set up your Exchange mailbox in Microsoft Outlook 2013. For other versions of Outlook, please check our other support database articles.
Ensure that Outlook is closed, or you will not be able to add an account.
- From the Start Menu go to your Control Panel.
- Select ‘Mail’.
- Select ‘E-mail Accounts’.
- Under the ‘E-mail’ tab select ‘New’.
- Select ‘E-mail Account’ then ‘Next’.
- Here you should enter your name, email address, and mailbox password.
If this is not successful, or if your PC is currently joined to a domain, you can take the following steps to set up the mailbox manually:
- Again, you’ll need to set this up via the ‘Mail’ section of your control Panel.
- Select ‘Add New Account’.
- Select ‘Manually Configure Server Settings’.
- Select ‘Microsoft Exchange’.
- Under ‘Server’ enter
and under ‘User Name’ enter your full e-mail address.
- Under ‘More Settings’ go to the ‘Connection’ tab and tick ‘Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP’.
- Select ‘Exchange Proxy Settings’.
- In the ‘URL’ field enter
and under ‘Proxy authentication settings’ select ‘NTLM Authentication’.
- Tick ‘Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate:’ and enter